Home : Election Information


Tuesday, February 16th:  Spring Primary

Tuesday, April 5:  Spring General Election

Tuesday, August 16: Fall Primary

Tuesday, November 8: Fall General Election





NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that at an election to be held in the Town of River Falls on Tuesday, April 5, 2016 the following offices are to be elected to succeed the present incumbents listed.  All terms are for two years beginning on Tuesday, April 19, 2016. 

Office                                                                          Incumbent

Town Board Supervisor III                                        Joe Mahoney

Town Board Supervisor IV                                        Brad Mogen

NOTICE IS FURTHER GIVEN that a town caucus for the purpose of nominating candidates to appear on the spring ballot for the above listed offices will be scheduled during the month of January, 2016.  Notice of the scheduled date and location will be published at that time.

Done in the Town of River Falls on November 19, 2015.

Ruth Stern/Town Clerk




Before an absentee ballot can be issued there must be a written request for the ballot which includes your town address, the address you would like the ballot sent to, and your signature.  Requests for absentee ballots should be submitted to:  Town Clerk, Ruth Stern, W8378 760th Ave., River Falls, WI  54022 (FAX: 715-426-3461 or e-mail: clerk@riverfallstown.com).   The  last day that absentee ballots can be mailed out to the elector is the Thursday preceding the Tuesday election date.  Ballots can usually be mailed out starting a month prior to the election upon receipt of the written request.   Please request absentee ballots as early as possible.

Per Wisconsin election regulations, in-person absentee balloting is limited to 8:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M., Monday-Friday for two weeks prior to the election date, with the exception of the Friday right before the election.  On the Friday right before the election in-person absentee balloting must be completed by 5:00 P.M.  In person absentee balloting is only available by appointment with the Town Clerk at 715-425-7373. 




To vote in Wisconsin you must first register to vote.  You can obtain the voter registration form online by going to the Wisconsin Government Accountability Board website http://gab.wi.gov. Click on "forms" and then "GAB-131, Voter Registration Form".  Voter registration forms are also available from the River Falls Town Clerk at 715-425-7373 or at the polls on election day.  Proof of town residence is required in order to complete a voter registration form.  Types of accepted proof of residence are listed on the GAB-131.  Completed voter registration forms can be mailed along with proof of residence to:  Ruth Stern, Town Clerk, W8378 760th Ave., River Falls, WI  54022.



Wisconsin's photo ID law will be implemented beginning with the February 16, 2016 primary election.  For most people this will mean having your driver's license with you when you come to vote.  For those that don't have a driver's license with photo ID, there are other options including free, state issued ID cards.  More information and a complete listing of eligible photo ID documents can be researched on the web at http://bringit.wi.gov.  Taking care of this step now will save time later!



Polling Hours:  7:00 A.M. to 8:00 P.M., River Falls Town Hall, W9015 770th Ave. 



Voting and Election Information

To check the status of your absentee ballot or check your voter history

State of Wisconsin Government Accountability Board

The State of Wisconsin Government Accountability Board has all the forms available for download at their web site. Below are links to some of the most requested forms.

GAB-121 Absentee Ballot Request

GAB-131 Voter Registration Application